Monday, December 26, 2011

Recently Domesticated

My name is Penny Wright. Recently, I became an adult.

Yes, techinically I've been one for many years. I've even voted a few times. But I wasn't *really* a grown up. I was more of a fly by the seat of my pants, convenience food was never - ever - convenient enough kind of a girl.

That changed when my oldest daughter was diagnosed with multiple food allergies. Suddenly, I kind of had to cook, because I couldn't buy anything in a box or a bag anymore that would work for her.

So, I found myself learning to cook at the ripe old age of 38. And once I started learning to cook, I realized I should really try to tackle some of those other domestic mysteries. Like cleaning. And minor auto repairs. And lawn care. You know, those things that I typically like to pay other people to do for me.

So I began documenting my foibles on facebook, and a few people suggested that it just wasn't quite enough of a platform to properly describe the ridiculousness of my exploits.

Hence, this blog.

I can't promise that I will blog every day. But I will do my best to expand upon the hilarity that I experience in my everyday life, fumbling around, gamely attempting to do what most normal people have known how to do for decades.

Wish me luck. I'll probably need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment